Summer harks everyone’s inner child. Lemonade stands invite you to share a young neighbor’s joy. Gardens require digging dirt. Temperatures have you racing for a lake and jumping in with gleeful delight.
What? You’ve lost that youthful spirit? You must find it!
Montana winters are long, cold, and gray. We use these dreary months to read and get smart (except when we’re skiing). Summer is all about having fun! The following is my personal list of must-do summer activities that prevent me from feeling incomplete, not to mention totally boring:
- Jumping into a lake. Walking in doesn’t count. You must find a dock or rock and take the merciful plunge.
- Hiking to a mountain peak.
- Walking through the forest in a bikini. Seriously. You should try it.
- Rafting/Tubing on the river (“Tubing” is a local past time. An $11 inner tube provides countless hours of fun and relaxation throughout the hot summer months.)
- Gazing at the stars on a warm August night, hopefully seeing meteors.
- Visiting Glacier National Park
- Sleeping outside. In the yard, tent, trampoline, or treehouse. (Yes, my family has a treehouse. We all use it!)
What are you waiting for? Take the plunge and live. Try one of these and let me know how it goes. Have another favorite? Tell me. Happy summer!
4 thoughts on “No-Bummer Summer”
Barbie, you have me dreaming of summer! It’s very cold and wintery in Melbourne at the moment. Enjoy your summer fun!
Sorry Janelle. When it is summer for you, I hope you let us know what you do for fun!
In the forest in a bikini?! Nice post..made me want to make a list myself.
Yes! Make a list, the only to do list that you want to complete.:)
Comments are closed.