How many of you played “Getting Married” as a kid? I did. I had two sisters, one as the bride, one as the groom, and one as the officiator. And we lived….miserably ever after?
Oh my gosh. It sounds like I beheaded one of them. I still have two sisters, just so you know.
Ten Reasons Kid Marriage is Phony Boloney (Yes, I meant to misspell that because phogna bologna doesn’t really work.) Starring my daughters as models.
- Marrying your sister (or dog) is never an option.
- Real flowers are expensive. Even the most successful lemonade stand couldn’t pay the florist.
- Cooking dinner every night is not romantic.
- Your wedding dress shouldn’t reek like moth balls and old pee.
- You don’t play “Hide and Seek” on your wedding night. Or maybe you do.
- Cleaning up after your spouse isn’t fun.
- Wedding celebrants aren’t matted stuffed animals.
- Dog poop that looks like chocolate cake is not a wedding cake.
- “Here comes the bride, all fat and wide” would never fly.
- “She looks so beautiful when she’s passed out” said no one, ever.
5 thoughts on “Ten Reasons Kid Marriage is Phony Boloney”
Haha, phony but most kid’s play is. The pictures are perfect, love seeing them again.
every time I read you, I smile. I love this. So, I’ve nominated you to the One Lovely Blog Award! ha!
See here for more: http://lespetitspasdejuls.wordpress.com/2014/09/14/this-is-so-lovely/
Thank you so much! I’m glad my effort of parenting can bring a smile to your face. Ah, life. Such a wonderful, wacky world. I humbly accept this award, and as with you, will need to choose just a few to pass it onto. Thank you again. 🙂
You’re doing a wonderful job at parenting! It’s awesome to read your adventures in this wonderful, wacky world! Enjoy it all!
I’ll be looking forward to knowing the other blogs you recommend.
Comments are closed.