I didn’t expect people to read my blog, nevertheless like it. I’m glad you do.
InspiringMax has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, a pass of the baton from blogger to blogger to say “Hey, I like what you’re doing so don’t get all huffy-puffy and quit on me now.” Because that would be the easy thing to do.
Inspiring- an adjective I doubt I deserve. This is my second nomination for the award (the first came from Julie at Becoming A Family, but I didn’t accept it.) I accept it now as a reminder that everything a person does, says, writes (or what they don’t do, say, or write), matters. And I have to acknowledge that this includes, well, me. So thank you (Julie and) InspiringMax for nominating me for this award. I am beyond grateful, and very honored, that you thought of moi.
No Cheating- Follow the rules:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
Easy peasy right? Nope. Nominating 15 bloggers is a huge challenge for me because every blogger has something really beautiful, inspiring, motivational, annoying, stupid, and sometimes downright disgusting to say. If any of this sounds unsavory, think again. Putting your whole self out there takes a lot of guts. Slimy, wormy, slithery guts. I am inspired by that.
In an effort to not repeat my recent post Ten Me-ish Things, I’m going to continue the theme of inspiration and list seven things that inspire me.
Seven Things That Inspire Moi:
- Life for the long-haul: I want to live a long, vibrant life. I exercise and eat healthyish food. I also love beer.
- Life for the moment: I want to have fun. I despise unnecessary routine and embrace spontaneity. I also love beer.
- My Mom- she is the most tolerant, frugal, and easiest-going non-pot-smoker I know.
- My husband-he is the most generous, devoted, and fun person I know.
- Kid A- She is reason #1 I want to live.
- Kid B- She is reason #2 I want to live.
- Last but not least, I am inspired by the breadth of intelligence, perseverance, service, suffering, talent, faith, hope, and unselfishness that exists in the whole of humanity. Not knowing exactly where I belong in this realm of amazing, I know I contribute the most when I am my most authentic self.
15 Bloggers Who Inspire Moi:
- Threads and Ties– Saksham Mehrota- He’s a young, smart guy with beautiful photography. Both things I’m not.
- Distant Francophile– Janelle’s blog is simple and beautiful. Her posts are short and precise. Unlike my blog, you know what you’re going to get with Janelle. If you love France, even better.
- Les Petits Pas de Juls– She writes her blog in three languages. Inspiring for mere bilingual speakers like myself!
- Sesquiotica– A smart guy with more than a way with words. His blog is a tongue-twisting word examination inspection. Reading his blog will make you smarter.
- Love Happy Notes-She’s the Red Vine of bloggers: sweet, twisty, and fun.
- Storytime With John– He is funny. His stories can be: candid, amusing, sweet, weird, gross, and I love them all.
- Trouvailles– Katie is a friend of mine. She’s about to have a great adventure.
- Unguarded Moments-Vanessa is a genuine soul and the author of the next book on my must-read pile. She is the inspiration that convinced me to write my own book. Priceless.
- My French Heaven Need I say more? His blog is simply divine, French style.
- Brand Camp– I may be cheating because he is externally hosted, but who cares? Geoff is a friend of mine with genius marketing advice.
- Out Where the Buses Don’t Run-Gus is the real deal. A writer, a thinker, and his blog title rocks.
- KleesButterfly– Gorgeous photography fills this travel blog.
- Mittened Hands If I couldn’t see color, I’d want to see this way. Beautiful B&W photography.
- Travel With Intent– A fun travel/photo blog. Weekly themes inspire her photos, taking the blah out of blog.
- Travel Tales of Life– Sue is the good witch of the north. (Literally. She lives in Canada.) She documents her travels with grace.
Enfin (French for Finally)
I could only list 15 blogs which proved very difficult for me. Every word, photo, idea, or opinion is a contribution to the whole; the energy that feeds and sustains my creativity and willingness to participate. And of course the readers who pause their life long enough to read my blog are my biggest inspiration. Without you, I wouldn’t be here. Or maybe I would. So thank you. Thank you for not letting me be the crazy lady yelling random stuff from my couch to no one in particular. I appreciate you.
Love, Barbie Thank you. And you. And you. And you. And you. And you. (Like this picture:)