How many of you played “Getting Married” as a kid? I did. I had two sisters, one as the bride, one as the groom, and one as the officiator. And we lived….miserably ever after?
Oh my gosh. It sounds like I beheaded one of them. I still have two sisters, just so you know.
Ten Reasons Kid Marriage is Phony Boloney (Yes, I meant to misspell that because phogna bologna doesn’t really work.) Starring my daughters as models.
- Marrying your sister (or dog) is never an option.
- Real flowers are expensive. Even the most successful lemonade stand couldn’t pay the florist.
- Cooking dinner every night is not romantic.
- Your wedding dress shouldn’t reek like moth balls and old pee.
- You don’t play “Hide and Seek” on your wedding night. Or maybe you do.
- Cleaning up after your spouse isn’t fun.
- Wedding celebrants aren’t matted stuffed animals.
- Dog poop that looks like chocolate cake is not a wedding cake.
- “Here comes the bride, all fat and wide” would never fly.
- “She looks so beautiful when she’s passed out” said no one, ever.